Saturday, July 2, 2016

#BAUniC:movie:scene006 - techie conversation

X: I fixed Ramis' generator of trimetry.

Y: Interesting. How?

X: I swapped all input variables to floating point approximates.

Y: Don't tell Jack. He will kill you.

X: No, no, I fixed the exception inconsistency too. And the verification process in the nested function takes half as long.

Y: But it is called twice as often?

X: No, about 300 more times. But we got multicore to spare.

Y: Can't think like that. We want it self consistent, no?

X: We will optimize it later. We may even polynomialize it.

Y: A table of values for exceptions will do. As long as we can keep it under the billionth range, but you know better than I do how fast those scale up.

X: I know, I know...

(pause. Environment/product placement/distraction)

Y: What did Jack say?

X: I sent the data earlier. I do use crude approximations, and that is mostly because I am lazy, since we already have binary and decimal maps and transformations for both.

(attractive body passes by into the scene. X and Y follow it with their eyes. Body and clothes sponsor to be decided later)

Y: What about Steve?

X: Steve has no idea, and I don't want to get his hopes up. But I am checking up on his work, and we are not overlapping. Well, no more than usual.

Y: Unless he is keeping things from you too.

X: There would be no reason why. I have come to terms with heaven and hell...

Y: Have you?

X: No, of course not! Nobody in this world truly can, but we are working on this project, no? And someone not ready, umm, you know, ready, for heaven and hell, would not engage in such a project at leisure.

Y: You would take it the hardest.

X: Because I chose to. It is much easier to bask in the easy bliss of ignorance, trust me.

. .. ... they keep walking a little ... .. .

Y: I think you should tell Steve.

X: Let's wait for what Jack has to say first, alright?

Y: Alright...

. .. ...

X: What are you doing on Friday?

Y: bla-bla-this-that-fill-in-later, but we can meet at fill-in-time-later

X: Not meeting...

Y: Oh, what then? You don't have any instalink ready, and even if, I don't think you would call me as a test subject.

X: Why so much on the defensive?

Yface, silence, ...

X: Nevermind, and true, I would not call you as test subject for any instalink experiment. They are a waste of time at this stage. But there is a trilink with confirmation need that I will be part of this Friday.

Y: Yeah, I can do that. Alright, agreed. Trilink on Friday. But why do you waste time on outdated concepts?

X: Normally because of a bunch of reasons, including understanding why not to use those, but believe it or not, this time I was not the initiator of this trilink.

Y inquisitive face.

X: Who do you know that is more wasteful than me on nested functions?

Y: Gregg? Nooo! You got Gregg to spew out something? But he has not been around for, what, 4 months now?

X: Not Gregg, but quite close... and you may wonder why I agreed to do this, but this time Zeah has a promising concept, I think. I can barely understand half of what she says when she gets overly enthusiast.

Y: Too late to pull back?

X: Hehe...

Y: Who else is coming?

X: Just the usual bunch.

Y: Do we need to be dedicated?

X: This time yes. Zeah is trying realtime balancing. That is why the trilink procedure.

Y sighs: Why can't this be simple like a normal fractal should?

X: Maybe we just have not made it simple enough yet.

Y: Maybe we newer will. You know how Jack and Jack's Master think about it.

X: Yeah, yeah. But I am not admitting defeat. We will do better.

Y: Suuuuure... better tables & lookup procedures.

X: Yes, that too.

(continues to scene007, days of history afterwards, continuing from scene005 with a change of clothes and/or background)

No comments:

Post a Comment