Saturday, July 2, 2016

#BAUniC:movie:scene008 - techies continue

V: How did the trilink go Zeah?

X: Disaster, as usual.

Z: We learned about 20 ways how not to try again. And 6 loops that produce coherent results but fall on the sterile spectrum.

V: When will you try again?

Z: Two of those loops need more careful studying. Probably after I finish optimizing those.

V: Cool...

Z: you know what would be cooler? You offering to study them along.

V looks at X

X: She tried that on me too.

Z: In the short to medium term, both of you would be a burden more than a relief. You should be grateful.

X sticks tongue out.

Z: I saw that.

V: No she didn't, though you are not helping, X.

X: What do you want me to do? Waste how many hours on her crazy hunches and hold her back from her own brilliance? *turns to Zeah* I mean it, you are brilliant, and you are right, we should be grateful and would drag you slow.... Listen, by the end of the week I will be finishing the task Dough gave me. I can get one of those loops and see what I can do about it.

Z: Or you can just come over and help me decide and adapt one for real time.

X: You have already your eye on one of them, haven't you?

Z: Two of them, as I said.

V: You have two stable loops?

Z: Better.

X: She has 6 stable loops, but no way to verify that they will stay stable after the 4-T fold.

Z: Unless I run them in real-time mode.

X: Yeah, as if physics is meant to work like that... that only holds the calculations.

Z: Physics goes so far beyond branching. You have no idea...

X: Excuse me, I have an idea. You keep hammering that.

V, trying to branch the argument away: You got 6 stable loops?

Z looks angrily at X, then turns to V: I started with 12. That is not an encouraging trend.

V: Oh, I see... how long did it take to get them in the first place?

Z: I used the 5+1 trick.

V: 5 +4-4 +1-1 ?

Z: Yes. So, a good hunch and 12 stable starting conditions. 6 of them are redundant. 4 are useless, probably. Let's hope the remaining 2 don't disappoint as last Friday did...

X: If I help you starting this Thursday, when do you think we can try the trilink again?

Z: Dunno, 2 or 3 weeks maybe. And we can't use the 5+1 trick again.

X: I know.

Z, shakes head: a tough ride...

X nods.


No comments:

Post a Comment